NEWSGENERAL NEWSBREAKING NEWS: Labour Unions Finally Reduced 60% Base Pay...

BREAKING NEWS: Labour Unions Finally Reduced 60% Base Pay Demand In Latest Update On Their Meeting with Government -DETAILS

-

Labour Unions Finally Reduced 60% Base Pay Demand In Latest Update On Their Meeting with Government -DETAILS.

nlc

Organised Labour has reduced its base pay demand from 60% to 58%.

This happened after their last meeting with the government on Tuesday, December 13. However, the meeting ended inconclusively with both parties failing to come to an agreement.

Deputy General Secretary of the Trade Union Congress (TUC), Joshua Ansah, who spoke to JoyNews after the meeting said they will insist that whatever is agreed will not be below the minimum wage.

“Our proposal is in about four-folds. Our proposal says that base pay should not be less than the minimum wage. As we speak now, base pay is less than the minimum wage. So we are asking government to bring base pay to the minimum wage level which gives us about 33.3%.

“Again, there is an agreement that base pay should be 10% higher than the minimum wage, and when that is done it will bring it a little bit higher than the minimum wage. When you add that percentage difference to the 33.3 % it gives you about 44.1%. And when you put all these demands together, you are up there,” he said.

He further clarified that the leaders of the Union do not want their members to enter next year with their old salary since the agreement on the Cost of Living Allowances (COLA) will end this December.

Organised labour for a while now, has been negotiating with the government for its base pay for next year.

About four meetings with the government have all ended inconclusively with the Union refusing to accept the government’s proposal of an 18% increase in their base pay.

Prior to the current 58%, Organised Labour previously revised its demand for an increase in the base pay to 65% from 60%.

This new percentage was proposed on Wednesday, November 30 when they met the government for the fourth time since negotiations started.

According to them, the new figure was arrived at because of the tax rate increases announced in the 2023 budget.

Meanwhile, negotiations have been postponed to December 19, 2022.

Latest news

Meet The Man Who Donated All The Money His Grandfather Gave Him To A Church And Landed A Fortune

A businessman and real estate developer, Kwadwo Saka Addo Mensah, has detailed the story behind how he became a...

Why Elon Musk Sell X For $33 Billion

Elon Musk on Friday evening announced he has sold his social media company, X, to xAI, his artificial intelligence...

Two Landguards Arrested For Stabbing 2 At Kasoa Ofaakor

The Kasoa Ofaakor District Police Command in the Central Region has arrested two suspected landguards for stabbing two individuals...

Hair Relaxers Linked To Increased Breast Cancer Risk In Ghanaian Women – Details

Hair relaxers, used by many Black women for sleek, straight hair, may pose a significant breast cancer risk. The Ghana...

We’ve Not Frozen Richard Nii Armah Quaye’s Bank Accounts – GRA

The Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) has dismissed claims that it has frozen the bank accounts of businessman Richard Nii...

Parliament Approves GH¢31.7 Billion Budget Allocation For Ministry Of Education

The Parliament of Ghana has approved a total sum of GH¢31,772,464,382.00 to finance the operations of the Ministry of...

Must read

Meet The Man Who Donated All The Money His Grandfather Gave Him To A Church And Landed A Fortune

A businessman and real estate developer, Kwadwo Saka Addo...

Why Elon Musk Sell X For $33 Billion

Elon Musk on Friday evening announced he has sold...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you