NEWSINTERNATIONAL NEWSLaw Enforcement Raids P. ‘Diddy’s Home Over Sex Trafficking...

Law Enforcement Raids P. ‘Diddy’s Home Over Sex Trafficking Claims, Musician Flees

-

Properties connected to rapper Sean “Diddy” Combs were raided on Monday by federal agents.

The Department of Homeland Security said it had pursued the “law enforcement actions as part of an ongoing investigation” in New York, Los Angeles, and Miami.

Two properties were searched in Los Angeles and Miami as part of the probe.

Officials did not specify the reasons for the raids or whether they were tied to Mr Combs.

Several recent lawsuits have accused Mr Combs of sexual misconduct.

In a statement, lawyers for Mr. Combs said the accusations against him were “meritless” and described the raids as a “gross overuse of military-level force”.

On Monday, Homeland Security Investigations agents were conducting their operations in the 17,000-square-foot mansion where Mr Combs announced his latest album release last September.

The address of the house is associated with Mr Combs’ Bad Boy Films production company. Located in the wealthy Los Angeles neighbourhood of Holmby Hills, the area is home to numerous celebrities and the Playboy Mansion.

Two law enforcement officials told the Associated Press that the raids were part of an ongoing sex-trafficking investigation.

The BBC has not independently confirmed this reporting.

Last year, R&B singer Cassie, whose full name is Casandra Ventura, filed a lawsuit in New York federal court against Mr Combs, whom she had dated between 2005 and 2018.

In court documents, she alleged years of abuse at the hands of the rapper, though she later settled the lawsuit with him.

Two other women then came forward with their own lawsuits, accusing him of sexual abuse. A man also has come forward accusing Mr Combs of sexual misconduct.

Douglas Wigdor, lawyer for Ms Ventura and another alleged victim, said on Monday that his clients supported the law enforcement efforts.

“Hopefully, this is the beginning of a process that will hold Mr Combs responsible for his depraved conduct,” Mr Wigdor said in a statement.

On Tuesday, attorney Aaron Dyer, who represents Mr Combs, reiterated that his client had not been arrested and said the raid was “nothing more than a witch hunt based on meritless accusations made in civil lawsuits”.

“There is no excuse for the excessive show of force and hostility exhibited by authorities or the way his children and employees were treated,” he said.

“Mr. Combs was never detained but spoke to and cooperated with authorities.

“There has been no finding of criminal or civil liability with any of these allegations. Mr. Combs is innocent and will continue to fight every single day to clear his name.”

Mr Combs remains one of the most influential and significant hip-hop producers of the past several decades.

He is the founder of Bad Boy Records and is a three-time Grammy winner who has worked with A-list artists like Usher and Mary J Blige.

Source: bbc.com

Latest news

Meet The Man Who Donated All The Money His Grandfather Gave Him To A Church And Landed A Fortune

A businessman and real estate developer, Kwadwo Saka Addo Mensah, has detailed the story behind how he became a...

Why Elon Musk Sell X For $33 Billion

Elon Musk on Friday evening announced he has sold his social media company, X, to xAI, his artificial intelligence...

Two Landguards Arrested For Stabbing 2 At Kasoa Ofaakor

The Kasoa Ofaakor District Police Command in the Central Region has arrested two suspected landguards for stabbing two individuals...

Hair Relaxers Linked To Increased Breast Cancer Risk In Ghanaian Women – Details

Hair relaxers, used by many Black women for sleek, straight hair, may pose a significant breast cancer risk. The Ghana...

We’ve Not Frozen Richard Nii Armah Quaye’s Bank Accounts – GRA

The Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) has dismissed claims that it has frozen the bank accounts of businessman Richard Nii...

Parliament Approves GH¢31.7 Billion Budget Allocation For Ministry Of Education

The Parliament of Ghana has approved a total sum of GH¢31,772,464,382.00 to finance the operations of the Ministry of...

Must read

Meet The Man Who Donated All The Money His Grandfather Gave Him To A Church And Landed A Fortune

A businessman and real estate developer, Kwadwo Saka Addo...

Why Elon Musk Sell X For $33 Billion

Elon Musk on Friday evening announced he has sold...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you